Thursday, May 18, 2006

Paranoid Android.

It feels weird. Different even. Suddenly, there's no sign of you. As if you just, dissapeared. And as I wonder what happened, my paranoia kicks in. That somehow, I managed to fuck up again.

That somehow, something I did has caused you to distance yourself effectively. Or maybe it's a case of he said she said. And so I wait it out, wondering. And that's the thing about waiting. Time always seems to move slower when you wait. Minutes feel like hours. Hours feel like days. And my mind starts creating riddles for it to solve.

The tone is unmistakable. A tinge of irritation, a hint of aggression, a taint of offensiveness. You lash out at my curiousity, turning my words against myself. Maybe it's true. Familiarity breeds contempt. I back down and lick my wounds in the corner.

You tell me that you'd be right back. I cheerfully say ok and wait. You blink out of existence. I sit here and continue waiting.

Amazing how things can change overnight.


Open up now
Head in the sky
Pierce the tongue that
Keeps telling lies
Feelings in my mouth
You breathe in but can't breathe out

Korn - Open Up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home