Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tales of Two Cities.

I buy the papers daily to see if there's enough news in there to entertain me and make my RM1.20 worth it. All the while, it's been bizarre stories about incestuous twins, and giant hogs, or even dismembered body parts ( or step by step guides to blowing up Mongolian Models). Pre-election time however, put me off newspapers due to the bullshit being laid so damn thick by the pro-government media. It's a pity that I can't read chinese, cos the chinese dailies are always more entertaining, open and colourful.

Lately it's a different story. The media isn't sure which way to swing anymore. NST has thankfully taken a more neutral standpoint, while the Star still provides government propaganda, albeit in smaller doses. I've noticed a common theme today though. It's all about cracks in the establishment. Of course the Perak Governmental situation takes the front page, as expected. Which tabloid would pass up the chance to brown nose their way with the federal government by printing dirt on the opposition. However, the Star surprised me with some articles within. Umno Council supremo's statement that the NEP is possibly headed out the door is one.

And of course there's the other side of the coin, with our friendly neighbourhood keris-waver declaring that the death of the NEP would doom our society etc etc.

Oh, and my favourite for the day, UMNO Penang has the gall to state that ' We're not taking revenge by trying to persuade the federal government to cancel all Mega Projects' . HAHA! I don't believe they actually dare say that! Talk about playing dirty. Even in defeat, UMNO is completely clueless over how to score points with the rakyat. I would like to thank the Star also for placing a picture of those TWATS in the papers for all to see. At least we'll know who to run over now. :)

Oh and apparently, there's word that they wanna stir up trouble today. I suppose they feel offended to being on the other side of the fence now. STBT, and honestly, people like them make me ashamed of being a malay myself. Such pettiness really. :P *ignores shitslinging going on over in Perak*

It all returns to nothing, it all comes
tumbling down, tumbling down,
tumbling down,
it all returns to nothing, I just keep
letting me down, letting me down,
letting me down,
in my heart of hearts,
I know that I called never love again
I've lost everything
everything
that matters to me,
matter in this world

Neon Genesis Evangelion OST - Komm Süsser Tod

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home