Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Turboslam.

I sit here still hung over from last night's alcohol binge. I guess it's a fitting way to end my 3 day break from work. To put things simply, my 3 days away from work was akin to sledding down a mountain. Day one was the push off, where you feel liberated as you experience the wind in your face and the momentum starts to build up to turn it into a ride you won't forget.
Day two is where the rush kicks in as the sled occasionally launches you into the air, teasing you with emotions of pain, fear and euphoria. Things seem so easy at this point as it's just downhill, that even the bumps here and there don't bother you.
Day three is when you fail to notice the wall that was convieniently built in the fucking middle of nowhere and you slam head first into it. Then you pick up the pieces of you, drag your carcass to the nearest watering hole, and with the realization of it being all over, drown yourself in enough alcohol to kill a cow.

Now excuse me while I go superglue myself back together in a corner.

For a second I wish the tide
Would swallow every inch of this city
As you gasp for air tonight
I'd scream this song right in your face
If you were here
I swear I won't miss a beat
Cause I never
Never have before

From up here the city lights burn
Like a thousand miles of fire
And I'm here to sing this anthem
Of our dying day

Story of the Year - Anthem of Our Dying Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home